- 3 gallons Cajun Injector Cottonseed Oil
- 1 10-12 lb Turkey, fully thawed*
- 1 16oz jar Cajun Injector Marinade, Creole Butter Recipe
- 1 Cajun Shake Quick Shake Seasoning
One of the following is needed:
- Cajun Injector Electric Turkey Fryer
- Cajun Injector Gas Turkey Fryer
*It is very important that your turkey is fully thawed and dry. Frozen turkeys WILL cause your pot of oil to burst into flames harming you and others around you.
- Place your turkey in the Cajun Injector Electric Turkey Fryer. Fill the fryer pot with water until your turkey is completely submerged. Remove turkey from pot and mark the water line (this line will change depending on what size turkey you choose).
- Drain water and dry pot completely. Fill your fryer pot with Cajun Injector Cottonseed Oil making sure to stop at the line that was previously marked. Heat oil to 400 F.
- While waiting on the oil to heat, removed the giblets from your turkey and discard. Optional: Reserve giblets for a different recipe.
- Rinse turkey thoroughly and pat dry.
- Inject your Cajun Injector Creole Butter Marinade into the breast, thighs and legs. See video below for injecting tips.
- Sprinkle turkey generously with Cajun Shake Quick Shake Seasoning and rub it in with hands.
- Place turkey in fry basket and slowly lower basket into properly heated oil.
- Fry turkey 3 1/2 minutes per pound. Juices should run clear when turkey thigh is pierced with fork.
- Hang basket from fryer hook to drain. Optional: Use Cajun Injector’s Quick Drain System.
- Slice turkey, eat and never think about baked turkey again!